tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Suvendu Sekhar Mondal <suv3...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Tomcat supports serialize session access?
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 13:39:14 GMT
Hello Everyone,

We recently migrate our apps from Websphere(WAS) to Tomcat. We are
using httpd 2.4.10 in front of multiple Tomcat 7.0.55.

There is one feature of WAS that I am interested about and I am
looking for it everywhere in Tomcat world but could not found any
source. Feature called "serialize session access". If you turn that
"on", then it prohibits concurrent session access in a given JVM. It
ensures that only one request can access the session data at a time.

My questions are:
Is there any similar feature exists in Tomcat?
Does Tomcat works like that way - by default?
Is there any setting in Tomcat web container which can make processing
synchronized?

WAS feature: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/tprs_serializing_access.html

Thanks!
Suvendu