tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject Jsp pages with scriptlet and javadoc comments loaded in char[]
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 09:31:40 GMT
Hi All,

I had a specific question regarding JSPs loaded in web-application
container for jasper to compilation. If I have a JSP page which has
scriptlet and javadoc comments/code comments, aren't those loaded into the
char[] of JSP pages too? I understand that Jasper compiles the JSPs but
those comments aren't stripped out (apologies if I have missed something in
source code). I am using tomcat 8.5.28.

In other words, by cutting down all javadoc comments/commented code from
JSP scriptlets, can I assume some savings will be made in terms of char[]
memory size when my servers are very busy? I have about ~3k JSP pages with
a mixture of nice clean JSPs and really messy scriptlets. And I am trying
to find some options to tune GC and see if reducing char[] sizes can help
me in any way.

Regards,