tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Ooms <dir...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat9 j_security_check request.getRequestURI() incorrect after POST
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 13:36:55 GMT
Hello,

i did an upgrade from tomcat5.5 to tomcat9 and i'm using j_security_check.

in tomcat5.5 when a user was not logged in and he/she requested a url, the
login page was returned and after logging in the user was given the
requested resource. when i requested request.getRequestURI() in my code the
returned uri was correct for both GET and POST.

in tomcat9 this is not the case anymore for POST (for GET still ok). when i
call request.getRequestURI() after the user is logged in, it returns
"chString" in my case, which is a part of the name of the first form field
("searchString") of the original POST.

any idea? am i missing something?

thanks,
dirk