tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Boon <mb...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Insert key-store implementation into Tomcat Connector
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 14:35:58 GMT
Thank you for the information.

Mark Boon

On 5/2/18, 3:35 AM, "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote:

    On 02/05/18 01:48, Mark Boon wrote:
    > In the Tomcat TLS Connecter configuration, there’s the trustManagerClassName that
can be set to a Java implementation of the X509TrustManager interface. There’s also a configuration
called keystoreFile from which it will read the certificate-key pair to set up the SSL connection.
I was wondering if there’s also a way to configure a class that will provide the SSL certificate?
My company would like to plug in their own mechanism to store and retrieve certificates, rather
than the Java Key Store.

    > I have seen references to a keystoreProvider, but I have been unable to find anything
that provides an example how that is to be used, so I’m not sure that serves for what I’m
looking for.

    > Any pointer to how that could be accomplished would be highly appreciated.

    Writing a custom Keystore provider would be the most portable solution.

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.oracle.com_javase_8_docs_technotes_guides_security_crypto_HowToImplAProvider.html&d=DwIDaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=_kwXikaSZUUarF811P_o9Q&m=8HmxxPHbEVv5mWXdTWFydzyBxICcZhOKruAGLF3F5xU&s=Y4hc81hr--crgkyPquO5rADDFJ-2uJTEv3oC6WtbCKU&e=

    has some pointers.

    Mark