tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hall <stefan.h...@gmx.de>
Subject TC 8.5.27 clustering doesn't work as described(?) and expected
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 11:57:11 GMT
Hi,

I've probably read everything in the last few days and tried even more,
but it won't work. I need your experience.

First, my expectations of the Tomcat Cluster
  1. session failover when a Tomcat dies (simulated via kill -9)
  2. session failover when I close a Tomcat (via shutdown.sh or
simulated via kill)

Point 1 works, but point 2 does not work despite <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"
expireSessionsOnShutdown="false" ...>

It seems as if all active sessions of the Tomcat are expired during the
shutdown process - in the whole cluster. This contradicts in my opinion
the parameter expireSessionsOnShutdown="false" and its explanation. I
can also set the parameter to true, no change.

Hope you can help me.
Stefan