tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Agrawal, Suraj (CORP)" <Suraj.Agra...@ADP.com>
Subject SSO using Reverse Proxy from IIS to Apache Tomcat 8.0.22 (Use Windows Authentication NTLM)
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 13:44:48 GMT
Hi Team,

We are trying to do implement SSO using windows integrated authentication (NTLM) on Apache
Tomcat 8.0.22 for Rest API calls.

We are following "Windows Authentication How To" --> Reverse Proxies --> Microsoft IIS.
We configured ISAPI_Redirect.dll for reverse proxy.

But facing some issues with it, can you please help us with the below :

1.       Our application (Siebel) listens to HTTP protocol but seems like ISAPI_Redirect reverse
proxy uses AJP connector Protocol, Is there any document which can help us configure reverse
proxy with HTTP protocol?

2.       We are using Windows Authentication NTLM approach (We cannot use Kerberos as per
the company guidelines), are there any known issue using WIA with Apache

3.       Please suggest if there is any better approach to achieve SSO for Rest calls using
Windows Integrated Authentication on windows server.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks again for your time.

Thanks & Regards,
Suraj Agrawal

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the
message and any attachments from your system.