tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR/native error on tomcat 8.5.16
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:14:12 GMT
On 25/04/18 13:34, M. Manna wrote:
> I needed to mask out certain information before I could send you the full
> stack trace. Here is the full version:

OK. That looks like a normal ClientAbortException.

This doesn't look like Tomcat's logging. It looks like application
logging. I think you need to look at the application's exception handling.

Mark



> 
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException:
> Unexpected error [730,054] writing data to the APR/native socket
> [953,181,632] with wrapper
> [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper@3685e06d
> :953181632].
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:356)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flushByteBuffer(OutputBuffer.java:815)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:310)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:284)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:118)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfServlet.doPost(lsajdflslsjdfServlet.java:161)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfServlet.doGet(lsajdflslsjdfServlet.java:36)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:635)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfFilter.doFilter(lsajdflslsjdfFilter.java:26)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:478)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:80)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:799)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:868)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(AprEndpoint.java:2298)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 | Caused by: java.io.IOException:
> Unexpected error [730,054] writing data to the APR/native socket
> [953,181,632] with wrapper
> [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper@3685e06d
> :953181632].
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper.doWriteInternal(AprEndpoint.java:2674)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper.doWrite(AprEndpoint.java:2602)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.doWrite(SocketWrapperBase.java:670)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.writeBlocking(SocketWrapperBase.java:450)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.write(SocketWrapperBase.java:388)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11OutputBuffer$SocketOutputBuffer.doWrite(Http11OutputBuffer.java:644)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedOutputFilter.doWrite(ChunkedOutputFilter.java:123)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11OutputBuffer.doWrite(Http11OutputBuffer.java:235)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:541)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:351)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     ... 32 more
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException:
> Unexpected error [730,054] writing data to the APR/native socket
> [953,157,008] with wrapper
> [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$AprSocketWrapper@4f8e851e
> :953157008].
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:356)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.appendByteArray(OutputBuffer.java:785)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.append(OutputBuffer.java:714)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:391)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:369)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:96)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:89)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfServlet.doPost(lsajdflslsjdfServlet.java:155)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfServlet.doGet(lsajdflslsjdfServlet.java:36)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:635)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> lsajdflslsjdfFilter.doFilter(lsajdflslsjdfFilter.java:26)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:478)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:80)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:799)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:868)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(AprEndpoint.java:2298)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2018/04/25 05:37:38 |     at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 
> Please let me know if this helps.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> 
> On 25 April 2018 at 12:55, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> 
>> On 25/04/18 11:18, M. Manna wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>> But from the above stack track it seems as though the
>>> socket cannot handle the size of the data being transferred.
>>
>> That is not correct. What you are seeing is an I/O exception as a result
>> of the client dropping the connection.
>>
>>> We did a controlled restart of individual servers to remove any
>> possibility
>>> for IO contention, but that didn't result into anything better.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this behaviour or remediated it ? Also, will this issue
>>> occur with Tomcat 8.5.28 and APR 1.2.16 ?
>>
>> You should upgrade regardless.
>>
>> A later version may not log this exception by default but since you did
>> not provide the full stack trace, we can't tell.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message