tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Berneburg, Cris J. - US" <cberneb...@caci.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 9 ;jsessionid
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:23:31 GMT
Hi Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Huber [mailto:gregh3269@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Tomcat 9 ;jsessionid

> Hello,
>
> One thing I have noticed with Tomcat 9.0.x I get alot
> ;jsessionid=xxx appended to my urls.  This did not happen with 8.5.x.
>
> /images/image_32x32.png;jsessionid=BF27C604B287CCF6DF3DBDB180C2CBEB
>
>  500 Internal Server Error
>       /images/image_32x32.png;jsessionid= ... 23784378307846F: 1 Time(s)
>       /images/image_32x32.png;jsessionid= ... 85D9B02C5A030FF: 1 Time(s)
>
> From previous experience this happens when there is no session.
> I use struts and have used encode="false" on the tags to prevent this:
>
> <s:url value="/" encode="false" />
>
> Also I have used (in the past) <%@ page session="false" %> but have
> commented this out as it causes down stream problems for me.
>
> Would there be a reason why these has now started happening on 9?
>
> Cheers Greg

A while ago we had problems in TC6 with new sessions being created for each image.  The issue
was that there was an invalid character, underscore "_", in the URL.  I can't remember if
Internet Explorer was acting weird(er) or if that was expected TC behavior for an invalid
URL.

Also, Chris Shultz mentioned that jsessionid appended to the URL can mean that cookies are
not being used.

Might your problem be more than one issue combined?

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer