tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Oracle REST Data Services Unavailable -- java.sql.SQLException: Unable to start the Universal Connection Pool
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:40:42 GMT

Chandra,

On 4/20/18 12:38 PM, chandra sekhar wrote:
> Thanks for the response! Without giving this "jdbc:oracle:thin"
> parameter in default.xml other Apex environments are working
> fine.Please suggest..

IIRC, for "thick" clients, there is some amount of local-OS
configuration that needs to occur in order to define the connection
(and give it a name) so that you can connect to it.

Ask your Oracle DBAs about configuration differences between the
environments where things are working versus where they aren't. There
is probably some configuration file somewhere you don't even know
about that is missing something important.

Hope that helps,
- -chris

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM, John Dale <jcdwrrc@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> if I remember correctly, oracle requires the name of its
>> database service in the connection parameters (aka schema).
>>
>> Try something like:
>> jdbc:oracle:thin:someuser@//myhost:1521/myservicename
>>
>> If you aren't doing a thin connection, I'm sure the same
>> principle still applies.  Oracle likes the schema on the URL (aka
>> service name?)
>>
>> It's been awhile, so I'm not completely sure.  Hope you get it
>> connected.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:18 AM, chandra sekhar
>> <chandra.cs02@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We were recently installed and configured Apex on two servers
>>> and did the Load balance.We were facing the issue like "Oracle
>>> REST Data Services Unavailable" and we found the below error
>>> messages in the catalina.out
>> Can
>>> anybody suggest me.
>>>
>>> Error Message: ========== Caused by: java.sql.SQLException:
>>> Unable to start the Universal
>> Connection
>>> Pool: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Failed to
>>> create initialPoolSize connections while starting a pool:
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: empty service member name
>>> at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newSQLException(
>> UCPErrorHandler.java:456)
>>> at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.throwSQLException(
>> UCPErrorHandler.java:133)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.startPool(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:942)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1969)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.access$500(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:198)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl$30.build(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:4353)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1924)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.getConnection(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:1901)
>>> at
>>> oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.DataSourceConnection.getConnection(
>> DataSourceConnection.java:46)
>>> at
>>> oracle.dbtools.common.pools.DataSourceTargetImpl.connection(
>> DataSourceTargetImpl.java:41)
>>> at
>>> oracle.dbtools.url.mapping.db.DatabaseURLMappingImpl.injectPool(

DatabaseURLMappingImpl.java:383)
>>> ... 50 more Caused by:
>>> oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Failed to create
>>> initialPoolSize connections while starting a pool:
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: empty service member name
>>> at
>>> oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolExce
>> ption(UCPErrorHandler.java:336)
>>> at
>>> oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.throwUniversalConnectionPoolEx
>> ception(UCPErrorHandler.java:59)
>>> at oracle.ucp.common.Core.initialize(Core.java:1307) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.UniversalConnectionPoolBase.start(
>> UniversalConnectionPoolBase.java:725)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.oracle.OracleJDBCConnectionPool.start(
>> OracleJDBCConnectionPool.java:129)
>>> at oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceImpl.startPool(
>> PoolDataSourceImpl.java:938)
>>> ... 58 more Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>>> empty service member name at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.ServiceMember.<init>(
>> ServiceMember.java:163)
>>> at oracle.ucp.common.ServiceMember.<init>(
>> ServiceMember.java:129)
>>> at oracle.ucp.common.Service$2.<init>(Service.java:790) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.Service.create(Service.java:785) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.Service.create(Service.java:588) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.Topology.create(Topology.java:145) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.Core$9.call(Core.java:1248) at
>>> oracle.ucp.common.Core$9.call(Core.java:1236) at