tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Berneburg, Cris J. - US" <cberneb...@caci.com>
Subject RE: Training material is now on-line
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 18:44:36 GMT
Thanks Mark for making that available!  My questions below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Training material is now on-line

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to the magic of GitHub pages, the Tomcat training
> material that was used for the recent training session is
> now available on-line here:
>
> https://apache.github.io/tomcat-training/

I especially liked the TLS material, as I am still very much a novice in that area.  The presentation
demystified the handshake to understandability.  ;-)

However (here is comes), one thing that confused me in the TLS Handshake section made sense
if I changed a word:

Step 12: ChangeCipherSpec
>>>Client<<< decrypts PMS
Server creates MS
- Rc + Rs + PMS

Should "Client" actually be "Server" in Step 12: ChangeCipherSpec?  Or did you already know
about that?

Also, are the demonstrations (marked by the placeholders in the presentation) part of the
recorded sessions from previous Tomcat conventions?

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer