tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: CrawlerSessionManagerValve only working with default host
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 18:46:18 GMT
Matt,

On 4/11/18 2:03 PM, Matt Cosentino wrote:
> I have CrawlerSessionManagerValve set up at the Engine level, but it only seems to be
working for the default host and not any other host. Is this expected behavior? Should I put
it at the host level for each host?

> Here is an example of how I have it set up:
>
>     <Engine defaultHost="www.defaulthost.com" name="DefaultHost">
>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
>         <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
>       </Realm>
>       <Host name="www.defaulthost.com" appBase="C:\web\defaulthost"/>
>       <Host name="www.anotherhost.com" appBase="C:\web\anotherhost"/>
>       <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CrawlerSessionManagerValve" sessionInactiveInterval="300"/>
>    </Engine>
>
> Tomcat 8.5.24

I don't see anything in the code that suggests it wouldn't work when
used at the <Engine> level, but it also looks like it makes the most
sense at the <Context> level.

Can you describe your testing and the results you got?

When you say "only [...] working for the default host", do you mean that
it works for the default host within an <Engine> (when configured at the
<Engine> level) or that it doesn't even work with a non-default <Host>
when configured at the <Host> level?

-chris