tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme Redouté <redo...@cermep.fr>
Subject Re: HOME user folder change & tomcat HOME
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:21:55 GMT
Le 27/03/2018 à 18:15, Coty Sutherland a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This sounds like a problem specific to the distribution's tomcat
> package, which is usually better served by the distribution's
> community rather than Tomcat's (they repackage what we provide). You
> may want to ask on their users list/support forum/etc, but I will try
> and help though :)
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Jérôme Redouté <redoute@cermep.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've installed tomcat8 on Debian 9, to run a web App (XNAT)
>>
>> I've a proble concerning the HOME directory of my user "xnat".
>>
>> Before the HOME was, as expected, in /home/xnat
> Before what? Before you installed the Debain tomcat package? Or did
> you install the xnat package? Something else?
I suppose before installation of XNAT war file. But I can't really say,
as I did not noticed the change immediately

>> but now (after deploying XNAT app), it moved to /var/lib/tomcat8
> When you say deploy, do you mean install xnat's package? Or copy a war
> into place? I ask because /var/lib/tomcat8 isn't CATALINA_BASE or
> CATALINA_HOME (which were my first thoughts), so it seems to have some
> configuration elsewhere.
I mean copy war file into place (called ROOT.war) and restarted tomcat8

>> and I can't reverse back the the original HOME.
>>
>> I suspect it is related to misconfiguration of tomcat, but I can't find
>> wher.
> That output looks pretty standard for a distro's tomcat package
> (follows FHS with /usr/share/tomcat8, etc).
>
>> Can you help me?
>>
>> few infos concerning my tomcat install:
>>
>>> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat8
>>> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat8
>>> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat8/temp
>>> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
>>> Using CLASSPATH:
>>> /usr/share/tomcat8/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat8/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
>>> Server version: Apache Tomcat/8.5.14 (Debian)
>>> Server built:   Sep 3 2017 17:51:58 UTC
>>> Server number:  8.5.14.0
>>> OS Name:        Linux
>>> OS Version:     4.9.0-6-amd64
>>> Architecture:   amd64
>>> JVM Version:    1.8.0_162-8u162-b12-1~deb9u1-b12
>>> JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation
>>

>> Thanks

Jérôme Redouté
Ph.D. - Ingénieur de Recherche - Université Claude Bernard - Lyon1
Responsable imageur TEP-TDM
CERMEP - Imagerie du vivant
59 Bd Pinel. 69677 Bron - FRANCE
tel : 33 (0)4 72 68 86 18 (bureau)