tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Akhilesh ET" <Akhilesh...@itcinfotech.com>
Subject Catalina.out not updating
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 12:31:22 GMT
Hi All,

We are facing a situation wherein one of our production servers running tomcat 6.0.18 is unable
to generate logs after service startup. Logging just stops after service start up.

[cid:image001.png@01D3B575.098BBBF0]

The setup is such a way that the control flows from a Apache Webserver to Jboss application
server to Tomcat server. The tomcat server will connect to the external API URLs and logs
should be generated for the same which is not working from past one week.

Just to give you an insight we are using source code based tomcat server and not rpm based.
So the service startup is done using startup.sh script.

We tried swapping the IP of the server with the one that was working with no luck (The status
was reversed with the server with same IP still not working). Which means there is something
to do with the IP which is causing that issue (our assumption).

Please let me know what else needs to checked in order to make this working. The application
itself is working fine. However the issue is with only the log generation which is very critical
for tracking the application.

Details of troubleshooting done so far :

1.       Cleared the logs, restarted the service - No luck.

2.       Cleared the cache of the server and restarted the service - No luck.

3.       Rebooted the server multiple times - No Luck.

4.       Tried starting tomcat from different web root and upgrading java  - No Luck.

5.       Gave full permissions to tomcat folder and log files - No Luck

Thanks & Regards
Akhilesh.E.T
ITC Infotech India Ltd.,
ITC Infotech Park, #18 Banaswadi Main Road, Bangalore - 560005

Disclaimer: This  communication  is  for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and
 shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding
company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of
this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party,
without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./
its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which
is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any
 third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India
Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.