tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "charlie arehart" <charlie_li...@carehart.org>
Subject How to offer a link correction for the Tomcat docs?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 22:05:07 GMT
Greetings. I’m a new list member, though a fairly long-time Tomcat user.

I found a broken link in the Tomcat User Guide (8 and 7), on its left nav bar.  How would
I best go about reporting such a broken link in the Tomcat docs?

To be clear, while there is a comments section at the bottom of the doc pages, that points
folks to https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/comments.html to learn more, which in turn
points to https://comments.apache.org/help.html. But that gets a 503 service unavailable error.
I find a jira discussion indicating this is a long-standing issue, which was hoped to be solved
by now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15947.

Until that’s resolved, is this or another TC list a good place to report such a broken link,
or other doc suggestion? Thanks.

/charlie