tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Halder, Arpan [ITSUS Non J&J]" <ahald...@ITS.JNJ.com>
Subject Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for ideal object
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 00:35:49 GMT
Hi All,

Need urgent help. We are using apache tomcat version -7.0.67  and sporadically facing issue
that application become unresponsive and below error message encountered in Catalina.out log:

ExceptionCannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object
Exception in detailorg.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection,
pool error Timeout waiting for idle object
within doFilter of Session Filter
url :::::/SPECTRA/login
Chain.doFilter()..
Inside Login Method.........

We had to restart tomcat service every time and issue gets resolved for the time being and
again reappears sporadically. Could you please advise if we need to change any tomcat setting
to mitigate this issue from happening in future.

Please let us know if you need anything else from my side in this regards. Thank you in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Arpan

Arpan Halder
Tata Consultancy Services providing services to:
Global Data and Analytics
Application Support / ITAS
Route 22 West▪NJ 08876 ▪ USA
Mobile: +1 (908) 392 2947