tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ Lucee.org" <i...@lucee.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade from tomcat 7 to tomcat 8.5 (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 22:10:30 GMT
On 11/7/2017 12:49 PM, Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US) wrote:
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> I have been tasked with determining what we should use as a web server in the future.
 We are currently using tomcat 7 and I thought that it might be good to migrate to version
8.5.
> Is the change possible and is it worth it?
The short answers are: Yes, and Yes.

You might need to make some minor changes to your configuration files,
but the upgrade shouldn't be too difficult.

Newer versions of Tomcat offer a lot of improvements in features,
security, and performance.