tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio S. Cofiño <cofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to run Tomcat in Synology
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:49:46 GMT
Hola Jose,

On 29/11/17 08:45, jose luis Calvo wrote:
> Tomcat version: 7.0.82-0113
> Operating System: Synology DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 2
> Model: DS414
>
> Subject: After install component from Package Center Tomcat is ready
> to configure but only there are three initial folders "docs"
> "host-manager" and "manager". Please help me I don't know what I
> should to do now. I doesn't exist any tomcat-users.xml file and
> others... is so empty in compare with windows/linux installation.
That is the tomcat's 'webapps' directory which is been symbolic linked
from the tomcat deployment directory (CATALINA_HOME).

The CATALINA_HOME in Synology box is at:

/var/packages/Tomcat7/target/src

But I'm using Tomcat7 Package provided by Synology and the DSM version
is 5.2-5967 Update 4, different as yours.

As André has suggested in a different e-mail you alway can install the
"vanilla" package from
https://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

assuming that you have the right Java version in your Synology box.

Saludos

Antonio S. Cofiño