tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stopping scanning of TLDs
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2017 17:13:39 GMT
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Ray Holme <rayholme@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> In a prior post, I asked if there was a way to see if a jar uses  a tag library.
>   Chris responded - look for ".tld" in the files.
> So I looked (turns out ecj.. has no ".tld":
> $ grep "tld" *.jarBinary file catalina-storeconfig.jar matches
> Binary file ecj-4.6.1.jar matches
> Binary file tomcat-util-scan.jar matches
> I am just trying to find a reliable way to see if there is TAG library.

Ray, instead of doing a grep on the jar contents as a whole, do it
based upon the file names within the jar and match the files ending in
'.tld'

$ jar tf tomcat-util-scan.jar | grep "\.tld$"
$ jar tf catalina-storeconfig.jar | grep "\.tld$"
$ jar tf ecj-4.6.3.jar | grep "\.tld$"
$ jar tf javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-1.2.1.jar | grep "\.tld$"
META-INF/fmt-1_0-rt.tld
META-INF/scriptfree.tld
META-INF/fmt-1_0.tld
META-INF/x-1_0.tld