tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Holme <rayho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: configuring jarscanner in 8.5 to ignore entire directory
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 15:07:55 GMT
Andre: cute!
As for jar scanning, I have been playing with that. I don't think you need full pathnames
in the pattern (perhaps in the context file, but not in the properties file), but not sure.
I did two things and am very pleased with the result.
 a) in conf/context.xml:

   <JarScanner scanClassPath="false"/>
b) in catalina.properties
   1) sorted the nasty list for TLD scans  that comes with the distribution (8) so I could
read it and search
       and found one pattern that was off (cannot remember which one but it had and
extra "_" before the "*", I think)       - it was a jar in the standard distribution
.../lib/... dist.
   2) and then added all the jars I use at the end (no full path needed for sure)
The TLD startup time went from half a minute to under a second.
Good luck!

    On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:44 PM, André Warnier (tomcat) <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

 On 31.10.2017 20:16, Chris Cheshire wrote:
> PS JarScannerFilter above is a copypasta error, I do have the correct
> tag in my config with the same result

As, I presume, is the new Italian delicacy above ?