tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: second INVALID email
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:27:18 GMT
On 06/11/17 13:55, Ray Holme wrote:
> Whenever I submit an email to this group, I get a second email back immediately from
the group (or maybe myself) with my full email address AND a tacked on .INVALID
> i.e. the source is rayholme@yahoo.com.invalid
> Is this standard for everyone, or did something happen when the daemon configured my
email  or .... ???????

It is standard that when you post to a mailing list you received a copy
of your post since you are a subscriber.

The .INVALID is added by the ASF to avoid problems caused by your mail
provider's configuration that is incompatible with using mailing lists.
It is only done for subscribers sending from problematic domains.

Mark