tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Holme <rayho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Peculiar problem (and solution) but WHY?
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 22:26:07 GMT
We have a working application running under tomcat 8.5.13
I have been trying to reduce start up time and reduce TLD scanning which was taking too long.
By adding the jars in my .../WEB-INF/ lib to the NO scan line in the catalina.properties file
I got this under control ( a couple minutes went down to 1 second or less).
However two libraries I use and added NEEDED to be removed from the exclusion list as they
caused (on MAC not on Linux where the application worked fine - 2nd weirdness) this problem:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot
be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
The above problem caused a page to show as a white screen (it would not work).

i.e. THE JARS NEED TO BE SCANNED (at least by the MAC Tomcat)

These jars were: jstl-api-1.2.jar and jstl-impl-1.2.jar

Can anyone explain this? It makes no sense to me and I would feel better if there was a reason.