tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 8.5.23 dbcp not honoring autocommit = false?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:31:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 3:44 AM, Keiichi Fujino <kfujino@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You have set factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory".
> In other words, you do not use (tomcat)DBCP, you are using Tomcat jdbc-pool.

That's what I meant sorry. Was comparing to commons-dbcp and went
dyslexic on the acronyms.

> In DBCP, the default of rollbackOnReturn attribute is true.
> However, in Tomcat jdbc-pool, the default of rollbackOnReturn( and
> commitOnReturn
> ) attribute are false.
>
> see:
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/configuration.html
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/jdbc-pool.html

Now that explains it entirely. Thank you so much!

Part of this is me failing to RTFM entirely, and then part is the nature of
configuration references - if you don't know what you are looking for
it is easy to miss
important details. It would be helpful if that page explained some
of the fundamental differences from a usage perspective (not just implementation
improvements) but that's another story.

Cheers,

Chris