tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: ISAPI and IIS 10 Logging Issue
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 17:30:06 GMT
On 05.10.2017 17:09, George Stanchev wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Note that also in the course of my investigations, somewhere I found a phrase to
the effect that Mirosoft would be discouraging the future use of ISAPI modules in IIS, and
recommends some other architecture instead now.

> Do you remember where you saw that? Can you provide a link?

Oh my, I think that I wrote this...

I do not remember exactly, but it might have been through a Google search for "IIS and
ISAPI", which yelds this first result :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/configuration/system.webserver/isapifilters/

(see the Note box)

or here :
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733109%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
"In IIS 7, modules replace ISAPI filters, but you can still add ISAPI filters if you
require the functionality that they provide. "

or here :
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753568%28v=ws.11%29.aspx

Not really solid, but I am quite sure that I saw something more "forceful" elsewhere.

Ah, here :
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831460%28v=ws.11%29.aspx

There (for IIS 8) it says "are replaced".

All of this without any guarantee though, I am not an MS expert in any way.