tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Net Dawg <net.d...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Response change between 8.5.x and 8.0.x (and earlier versions) W.R.T. Line separator CRLF vs. LF
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 17:48:16 GMT
We are finding line separator has changed on Mac OS X in tomcat 8.5.23 response relative to
all previous versions of tomcat we tested (8.0.47, 7.0.72 and 7.0.82).  We see nothing in
change log to understand this change.
Specifically, 8.5.23 is generating CRLF in response (showing up as ^M in vim), while previous
versions of tomcat are just producing LF.  As a result all of our tests based on earlier
versions of tomcat are failing.
Is this a bug, in which case we will wait for fix (and lets tests fail due to known issue
in tomcat) or is this how tomcat will always generate response going forward - in which case
we will make our tests more lenient to be backward compatible somehow.
Thanks.