tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: More, Re: This is weird (cross-posted to Tomcat and Debian Lists): Tomcat 8.5 is going to /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 23:23:11 GMT
> From: James H. H. Lampert [mailto:jamesl@touchtonecorp.com]
> Subject: More, Re: This is weird (cross-posted to Tomcat and Debian
Lists):
> Tomcat 8.5 is going to /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT

> If I remember right, Linux file systems can have not only symbolic links
> to files, but also multiple hard links to the same file. Is there an
> easy way to look for something like that?

Without doing a full directory search, you can't tell if a symlink target
references a directory entry you're interested in.  You can use "ls -l" to
see the link count on a file; if a non-directory file has a link count more
than 1, there's another hard link to it (directories always have a link
count >= 2).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.