tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Coty Sutherland <csuth...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Re: how to set Http11AprProtocol with embedded tomcat
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:34:21 GMT
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Wang, Jennifer
<Jennifer.Wang@bos.frb.org> wrote:
> NONCONFIDENTIAL // EXTERNAL
> Hi Coty,
>
> I download tcnative-1.dll from tomcat site. I am running on windows 7. I did set " java.library.path"
as below.

> @SpringBootApplication
> public class Application {

> //try both of below
>         System.setProperty("java.library.path", "C:\\Temp\\tomcat-native-1.2.14-win32-bin\\bin\\x64\\tcnative-1.dll");
>         //System.setProperty("java.library.path", "C:\\Temp\\tomcat-native-1.2.14-win32-bin\\bin\\x64");

I think trying to set the library path in code is too late as the JVM
has already initialized. You'll need to set it in the JVM arguments
that start the Application. I got it working using the following
config snippet:

             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
                 <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>
                     <jvmArguments>
                         -Djava.library.path=/path/to/tomcat-native/
                     </jvmArguments>
                 </configuration>

and starting with `mvn spring-boot:run`. I also configured that the
System.setProperty call didn't work.

HTH

>         SpringApplication.run(Application.class, args);
>     }
> }
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jennifer

installing tomcat-native (which deps on APR) via RPM (assuming you're on linux) so that it's
on your library path or updating your JVM's -Djava.library.path system property to point to
APR and tomcat-native so that tomcat can use it.