tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject More, Re: This is weird (cross-posted to Tomcat and Debian Lists): Tomcat 8.5 is going to /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 23:13:37 GMT
Just for grins, I put a trivial static context (nothing more than a
directory containing a simple "index.html" file) into
/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps. Tomcat 8.5 found it. So it's only the root
context that's somehow getting redirected.

But on the other hand, if I rename var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT to
"ROOTx," Tomcat 8.5 STILL finds that one (or at least its index.html).

Curiouser and curiouser.

If I remember right, Linux file systems can have not only symbolic links
to files, but also multiple hard links to the same file. Is there an
easy way to look for something like that?

--
James H. H. Lampert