tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Wahlen <bernd.wah...@k2interactive.de>
Subject Re: No traffic after upgrade to Tomcat 8.5.16 (loadbalancing issue)
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:17:38 GMT
Thanks for your help,

what do you mean with take it off the server farms first?

The upgrade process is like this:
stop tomcat
change symlink to new version
start tomcat

loadbalancer detect that the server is down and routes the traffic
to the other hosts.
This is like we always do since tomcat 6.
After downgrading back to the old version load is comming back fast.

Because of the shared infrastructure every change to the
loadbalancing pools must be ordered and costs money.