tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ Lucee.org" <i...@lucee.org>
Subject Re: Unable to install Tomcat 9 on Windows 10
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:51:16 GMT
On 7/20/2017 7:44 AM, Roparzh Hemon wrote:
> I created a C:\Program Files\Apache
> Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0 again directory next to the original
> one, and retried the installation process with that location for the
> install directory, but the problem and error message stayed the same.

C:\Program Files\... is a bad place in my opinion, for two reasons:

     1) There is a stupid space there added by some "genius" from Microsoft
     2) It often requires elevated rights for "write"

I recommend putting it someplace else, e.g. C:\Apps

> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Mark Thomas<mark@homeinbox.net>  wrote:
>> You probably need to install with admin privs.
>    How would I do that ? Unless I missed something the installation
> wizard never mentions priviledges before the step where I get an error
> message

If you're using Command Prompt, then to launch it, right-click and
choose "Run as administrator":

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>