tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MrChuoi <mrch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat 8.5] Cannot obtain singleton resource with startStopThreads > 1
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2017 03:29:32 GMT
Hi Chuck,

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: MrChuoi [mailto:mrchuoi@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Re: [Tomcat 8.5] Cannot obtain singleton resource with
> startStopThreads > 1
>
> > OK. I will put the resource in the context of each webapp to see what is
> > going on, but what I don't understand is why this configuration works
> when
> > I start webapps one-by-one sequentially?
>
> I suspect you're not getting a singleton either way (at least you're not
> supposed to).  If you want a singleton, I believe it needs to be specified
> in conf/server.xml via <GlobalNamingResources> and a <ResourceLink> in the
> <Context> element of each webapp that needs it.

I truly got a singleton with that configuration, because it is a infinispan
cache manager to achieve sharing cache contents between webapps.
I don't have access to my system to put the resource configuration in each
webapps' context for verification at the moment.

Thanks anyway,

- MrChuoi