tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yin, Ivan" <ivan....@sap.com>
Subject Change socket timeout in server side
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 01:32:39 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Tomcat7 and have deployed a web server on it.

Currently the client side is running into the error "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read
timed out" after running the web service for one minute.

I understand that this can be set in the client side but I would like to change this default
value in the server side. Is it possible?

I have found a related page as below:
https://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/http-transport.html

Two timeout instances exist in the transport level, Socket timeout and Connection timeout.
These can be configured either at deployment or run time. If configuring at deployment time,
the user has to add the following lines in axis2.xml.
For Socket timeout:
<parameter name="SO_TIMEOUT">some_integer_value</parameter>

According to this , I tried to add this line in the axis2.xml file and restart tomcat but
it didn't work. Has anyone done this before or is there anything way to change it in the server
side?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ivan Yin

Product Support, GSC China BI Support Team

SAP Beijing Software System Co., Lt 4/F, DLSP16, International Informat, 116023 Dalian, China,
China

T +86 411 8483-6392, M +86 18842622311, E ivan.yin@sap.com<mailto:ivan.yin@sap.com>