tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <david.kavan...@marfeel.com>
Subject trimSpaces removing whitespace from html
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 16:17:15 GMT
Hey,

I am wondering if anyone has come across this issue, and hopefully a way to
fix it.
When i enable the trimSpaces configuration option it removes the whitespace
but also
removes some whitespace from particular areas of the html. In my case, it
removes white space between some of the classes in a class=" class1 class2
class3" string. In one case, the first example, it actually removes text as
well. I am running Tomcat version 8.0.15.

Here are some examples:

1. Before
[image: Inline images 1]
1. After
[image: Inline images 2]

2. Before
[image: Inline images 3]
2. After
[image: Inline images 5]

3. Before
[image: Inline images 6]

3. After
[image: Inline images 7]

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

David