tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: rotate catalina.out
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:38:06 GMT
Am 13.04.2017 um 14:57 schrieb shivashankar manukondu:
> Is there any possibility loss the log information in case if we use any
> external tools like Log4j, logrotete....

I suggest you make the adjustment to your conf/logging.properties that I
mentioned. You should also make sure, that no application log
configuration uses a stdout, console etc. appender. As a result, your
catalina.out will no longer receive log messages, only if a developer
decided to directly write to STDOUT instead of using a log framework.

Log4j is no external tool. logrotate and similar are and yes, depending
on details there is sometimes a risk of using log information due to
external rotation.

Regards,

Rainer