tomcat-users mailing list archives

From linbo liao <llbg...@gmail.com>
Subject JMX currentThreadsBusy less than connections/requests when use APR connector
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 03:14:36 GMT
Hi,

I setup local environment to test Tomcat monitor.

The Environment:

Tomcat: 8.5.5
VM: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
HTTP PORT: 8080
IP: 10.211.55.4

Tomcat use APR connector, I test the tomcat via ab command, find JMX
currentThreadsBusy < 10 all of the time.

ab -n 100000 -c 100 10.211.55.4:8080/

I tried to search the reason but without the result. For BIO each thread to
handle one connection, so currentThreadsBusy can show the performance of
tomcat.

But for APR connector, what's the meaning of currentThreadsBusy?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Linbo