tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Johnson <n...@bluejeansnet.com>
Subject Re: Handling wildcard domains in Tomcat 8.0
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:37:12 GMT
On Mar 5, 2017 9:50 AM, "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote:

On 04/03/17 04:33, Nick Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have observed that with the default configuration where the <Host> name
> is 'localhost', Tomcat will change the Host and X-Forwarded-Host headers
> the IP address of the local machine.

That is not correct. Tomcat makes no changes to the Host or
X-Forwarded-Host header it receives in the default configuration.

Are there any configuration modifications that could cause this behavior to
manifest?

Running nc or tcpdump on the command line, I see the correct Host and
X-Forwarded-Host headers arriving for Tomcat, but from my application, the
Host header and X-Forwarded-Host header both contain the IP address of the
local machine.

Using the same war file in a different container (Jetty), I do not observe
this behavior.

I also do not observe this behavior if the Host header matches either the
<Host> name or an <Alias> name.

   Nick