tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Johnson <n...@bluejeansnet.com>
Subject Re: Handling wildcard domains in Tomcat 8.0
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 19:16:41 GMT
On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> >> That is not correct. Tomcat makes no changes to the Host or
> >> X-Forwarded-Host header it receives in the default configuration.
> >
> > Are there any configuration modifications that could cause this behavior
> > manifest?
>
> The RemoteIpValve and RemoteIpFilter will modify the values an
> application sees for those headers.

Thanks, I'll investigate further to see if either of those have been set up
in the configuration from my provider, or if they've added some other
customized Valve or Filter which could be mangling the Host header based on
Host or Alias matching.

The behavior I have observed is 100% trivially reproducible, so there must
be something in the configuration that is causing it.

   Nick