tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to create a redirect?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 16:14:07 GMT
On 03.03.2017 16:58, JR McVicker wrote:
> Good morning.  I am trying to setup a redirect using Apache Tomcat but I
> have not located any clear directions on how to set one up.
>
> When I go to https://webadvisor.cornerstone.edu my page does not load.

Can you be a bit more specific ? what /does/ happen in that case ?

> If
> I take out https and replace it with http the page loads and it uses https.

That would tend to indicate that there is already some form of redirect happening.

Suggestion : use a browser with a plugin/add-on allowing you to trace and follow the real

exchanges between browser and webserver (even the ones you don't normally see).
In Firefox, the Web Developer Extension provides a "Network Inspector" that may be useful.
For older IE, there exists a "Fiddler2" extension.
Google Chrome has it built-in ("More tools").