tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igal @ Lucee.org" <i...@lucee.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Not Responding (was: Tomcat 8.5.12 Not Responding)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 05:07:44 GMT
Hi Mark,

On 3/22/2017 1:00 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 22/03/17 16:20, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> Looks like all the threads are waiting on the same lock?
> Agreed. But I don't see anything holding that lock. That looks like a
> JVM bug to me.

Thank you for replying.  I managed to "do" it again.  This time on
Tomcat 8.5.11 so I modified the subject line slightly.  But this time I
took both a thread dump (attached) and a heap dump.

I should mention that my code utilizes JSR-356 WebSockets, I'm not sure
if that's related, but it seems to be a factor in reproducing the issue.

I will try to create a reduced test case.

I am hoping that the screenshots below, showing references to and from
the lock object at 0x00000006c0dbc1b8, can give you some more
information that may help to diagnose this issue, or at least give some
ideas about what to look for next:

Thanks again,

Igal