tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "smith" <smith....@zoom.us>
Subject RE: JMX currentThreadsBusy less than connections/requests when use APR connector
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 14:38:19 GMT
Our production usage also has same phenomenon that my "currentThreadsBusy" always not high
(3-5), but my "currentThreadCount" will go to 200-300 sometimes. I know that at some busy
time, more threads will be created, so the thread pool get high, but at the same time, the
busy threads will also increase, but I never catch when it also went high.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suvendu Sekhar Mondal [mailto:suv3ndu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 1:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JMX currentThreadsBusy less than connections/requests when use APR connector

Linbo,

"currentThreadsBusy" is number of busy threads. These are the threads are being actively use.
If you are seeing this count > 0 for long time(depending on your application type), then
most likely you have "hung thread". In that case thread dump analysis will show you root of
the problem.

"currentThreadCount" is current threads in thread pool. To track thread pool usage, you can
use this counter.

Thanks!
Suvendu