tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amit Pande <Amit.Pa...@veritas.com>
Subject JIO Connector support in Tomcat 8.5
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 23:55:51 GMT
As I understand, the JIO/BIO connector support has been dropped in Tomcat 8.5 +.

While I understand the need to push to the NIO based connectors, just wondering whether the
JIO connector support could have been left as it in Tomcat 8.5 and beyond.

We had extended the BIO connector to have a custom implementation  and that is broken now
once we move to latest Tomcat versions.

We're evaluating refactoring our custom connector but would appreciate if there are any suggestions
to get the BIO implementation going even in 8.5 and beyond so that our custom connector's
functionality isn't regressed.

Thanks,
Amit