tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stéphane Laurencelle <stephane.laurence...@momentum-tech.ca>
Subject RE : Problem accessing manager on tomcat 8.5.11 on oracle linux 6.8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:57:19 GMT
Hello André,

i install from bin source package apache-tomcat-8.5.11.tar.gz
and did a make to create the install so no i did not install it from rpm or yum on the linux
platform so normally everything should have been in that install.

stephane

Stéphane Laurencelle
Analyste Technologique

MOMENTUM TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Fière d’être parmi les 50 sociétés les mieux gérées du Canada!
825, boul. Lebourgneuf, bureau 412
Québec (Québec) G2J 0B9

Enterprise Téléphone :  418 681-6363
stephane.laurencelle@momentum-tech.ca
www.momentumtechnologies.ca

Vos experts en solutions Oracle et Java
Fiers d’être parmi les 50 sociétés les mieux gérées du Canada!

De : André Warnier (tomcat) [aw@ice-sa.com]
Envoyé : 13 février 2017 11:49
À : users@tomcat.apache.org
Objet : Re: Problem accessing manager on tomcat 8.5.11 on oracle linux 6.8

On 13.02.2017 17:13, Stéphane Laurencelle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> have made a brand new Tomcat 8.5.11 install on oracle linux 6.8 and 7.3 ad i got the
same problem on both i am not able to access the manager page from my pc browser.

> I read that by default this function is disable by default but i would like what i need
to do to be able form my pc to access it on my tomcat server on linux.

> i can access the tomcat server page  but when i click to access the manager i got this
error :

> HTTP Status 404 - /manager/html
>
> type Status report
>
> message /manager/html
>
> description The requested resource  is not available.
>
> Hope you can help me

Hope so too :-)

First, since this is under Linux, and you may have installed tomcat via the standard Linux
package manager (and not from the "official tomcat" installer found at tomcat.apache.org),
verify if you have really installed *all* the tomcat packages.
The tomcat Manager app may be located in another package than "tomcat", for example under
Linux Debian it would probably be in the "tomcat8-admin" package.
The fact that you are getting a 404 Not Found error would tend to indicate something like
that.