tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Deploy app by JMX
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 22:22:30 GMT
On 21.02.2017 22:51, Roque Alexander Lozano Lozano wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to create application deployment using JMX through MBeanFactory..
>
> The methods used were:
>
> 1. createStandardServiceEngine
> 2. createStandardHost
> 3 In the service I invoke addConnector to listen via http port.
>
> When entering through the url http://191.168.0.1:8091/myapp it generates an error of
type 404.

As it probably should. My guess is that this URL, internally, gets directed to the
"default host", which does not have this "myapp" application.
The question being : why would you try to access the application that way, instead of
using a hostname ?

> But when adding as an alias the ip address to the Host object if it works

That is a bit obscure (at least to me). Can you try to rephrase this in a clearer way ?
(Maybe provide an example, with dummy (but consistent) IP addresses and hostnames ?)