tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: RE : RE : Problem accessing manager on tomcat 8.5.11 on oracle linux 6.8
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:11:49 GMT
On 13.02.2017 22:11, Stéphane Laurencelle wrote:
> [...]
do the deployment of the manager and host-manager with no error.

> One things maybe you forgot is that my tomcat is using an apache 2.4 server to give access
to those webpage with proxy module.

Did I forget that, or did you forget to mention that initially ? I don't see anything
above where that was ever mentioned before.

So anyway, then the next question is :
when you get this 404 error page, does it look like a tomcat error page, or like an Apache

httpd error page ? (The look is quite distinct, with the tomcat page having a definite
"java look" to it).

And some other questions :
- if you have an Apache httpd in front, with a proxy module forwarding some/all HTTP
requests to the back-end tomcat, what proxy module is being used ?
There are 3 possibilities :
- mod_proxy + mod_proxy_http
- mod_proxy + mod_proxy_ajp
- mod_jk
And in any case above, there must be, in the Apache httpd configuration, some directives
which indicate what kind of HTTP request should be forwarded to the back-end tomcat.
(They are somewhat different for each of the options above, which is why I am asking which

one you are using).
If you know what there are, copy and paste them here, it will save time.

And yet another question :
In your tomcat's configuration file "server.xml", there are items defined with the
<Connector> tag. Can you copy and paste here these Connector elements (the ones which
are
not commented-out) ?

(Note : I do say above "copy and paste", because this list strips most attachments; so do

not just attach your server.xml or your Apache configuration files).

And, as ever : look in the logfiles. Both Apache httpd and tomcat produce detailed error
logfiles (thanks to the efforts of their clever developers). A 404 response is an error,
so it is mentioned in one of these logfiles.
If it is mentioned in the Apache httpd logfile, then it is at the Apache level that
something is wrong. If it is not mentioned in the Apache httpd logfile, then it will be
mentioned in the tomcat logfile.