tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: RE : Problem accessing manager on tomcat 8.5.11 on oracle linux 6.8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:42:06 GMT
Hi.

Maybe first : on this list, it is recommended to NOT "top-post", but respond below the
See : http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users   #6

(It just makes it easier to follow the conversation, and to see previous answers)
Scroll down..

On 13.02.2017 17:57, Stéphane Laurencelle wrote:

> [...]
the same problem on both i am not able to access the manager page from my pc browser.

>> I read that by default this function is disable by default but i would like what
i need to do to be able form my pc to access it on my tomcat server on linux.

>> i can access the tomcat server page  but when i click to access the manager i got
this error :

>> HTTP Status 404 - /manager/html
>>
>> type Status report
>>
>> message /manager/html
>>
>> description The requested resource  is not available.
>>
>> Hope you can help me
>
> Hope so too :-)
>
> First, since this is under Linux, and you may have installed tomcat via the standard
Linux
> package manager (and not from the "official tomcat" installer found at tomcat.apache.org),
> verify if you have really installed *all* the tomcat packages.
> The tomcat Manager app may be located in another package than "tomcat", for example under
> Linux Debian it would probably be in the "tomcat8-admin" package.
> The fact that you are getting a 404 Not Found error would tend to indicate something
like
> that.
>
> Hello André,
>
> i install from bin source package apache-tomcat-8.5.11.tar.gz
> and did a make to create the install so no i did not install it from rpm or yum on the
linux platform so normally everything should have been in that install.

> stephane

Ok then, the next things to check :

1) under the "webapps" directory of tomcat, there should at least be a "ROOT"
sub-directory, and a "manager" sub-directory. Are they there ?

2) in the tomcat logs, after you start tomcat, there should be some clear message about
the deployment of the manager application.
Something like :
INFO: Deploying web application directory manager

Do you see that ?
Does it mention any problem ?