tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Change Severe to Info
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 08:57:49 GMT
On 09.02.2017 09:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 09/02/17 07:53, Fady Haikal wrote:
>> Hi Can we change a severe exception in catalina that can be ignored to info?
>
> Not without patching the source code, no.
>
>> Tomcat logging is SEVERE and we are facing an error in catalina that
>> can bi ignored, can we change the type of this error to INFO or
>> Warning?
>
> What error? SEVERE typically means bad things have happened or or going to happen that
you
> need to deal with.

He probably means this one, from the other thread "Operation has timed out":

06-Feb-2017 01:14:20.718 SEVERE [GroupChannel-Heartbeat-1]
org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat
Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
  org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Operation has timed
out(3000 ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 114, 43, 103}:4000;
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(
ParallelNioSender.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.
sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:48)

which keeps on happening and filling the logs.
But I also believe that it vwould be better to continue discussing this on the other
thread, rather than looking for a way to put one's head in the sand and ignore it.