tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Operation has timed out
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 15:44:30 GMT
On 07.02.2017 16:24, Fady Haikal wrote:
> Hi,
> telnet IP 4000 is working fine, i installed a tool for network
> monitoring at the level of IP and Port and i didnt see any
> disconnection,

but did you see a *connection* ?
I mean, on the pinging node, if you use the Windows "netstat" program, for example as
netstat -aon -p TCP
you should see a list of connections in the ESTABLISHED state, of which one of the
IP/ports should be your target IP:4000 (in the "remote" column).
And on the pinged node, this port :4000 should be in the "local" column, in LISTEN mode
(and also probably one in the ESTABLISHED state, if they agree.)

Is that the case ?

and yes i'm sure that no firewall is enabled.

> I saw some strange think on the server that I have tried to ping the
> multicast IP (228.0.0.4) and i get reply from different IPs in the
> network, i don't know why and how i get those IPs, after checking with
> the network team they told me that those IPs are related to the SAN
> storage taking into consideration that the Tomcat servers are not
> connected in anyway to that SUN storage.
>

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 4:51 PM, André Warnier (tomcat) <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> This is for the Tomcat/Tribes experts on the list.
>>
>> I know nothing of Tribes, but the on-line documentation seems to say that
>> the communication happens over TCP and that the protocol used is not
>> encrypted.
>> Fady previously tried a standard "ping" and a "telnet" between the two
>> nodes, and that is the base for him mentioning that "there is no network
>> disconnection" between the nodes.
>> Nevertheless, the calling pinging node seems to say that it times out
>> without getting a response fom the target node.  There is evidently a
>> contradiction there.
>> So this could still be some kind of network issue.
>>
>> Considering that the protocol command for this "ping" should be known by
>> someone here, would it not be possible to imagine a little program in some
>> scripting language (or even java, God forbid), which would open a TCP
>> channel with the target node IP/port, send such a "ping" message, wait for a
>> response and report the result ?
>> That would at least confirm/deny that the problem is with the network.
>>
>> The log below does not for example say if the error happens when opening the
>> TCP communication channel, or after sending the ping message on it,
>> (Of course, testing the TCP open could be done with "telnet IP 4000", but I
>> don't know if Fady tried this).
>> Maybe tribes also already contains some löw-level debugging options ?
>> wireshark maybe another option, but it has quite a learning curve.
>> And this is on Windows.
>>
>> By the way Fady, are you sure that your "Windows Firewall with Enhanced
>> Security" is not just dropping TCP packets to/from port 40xx (or from
>> "java.exe") ? There are some "network policies" there which can have
>> wide-ranging side-effects.
>>

>> On 07.02.2017 14:42, Fady Haikal wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, issue still not fixed. Tomcat session replication is not able to
>>> replicate the key from node to node, please find below the error,
>>> taking into consideration that there is no network disconnection
>>> between 2 nodes
>>>

>>> 07-Feb-2017 16:36:06.186 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-8]
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.LazyReplicatedMap.publishEntryInfo
>>> Unable to replicate backup
>>> key:58291D242C742A8A4B1657BA42C831A4.TomcatNode2 to
>>> backup:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10,
>>> 114, 43, 102}:4000,{10, 114, 43, 102},4000, alive=68841350,
>>> securePort=-1, UDP Port=-1, id={85 5 -62 -66 106 -12 64 12 -102 -14
>>> -85 -87 15 9 -51 -112 }, payload={}, command={}, domain={}, ].
>>> Reason:Operation has timed out(3000 ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{10,
>>> 114, 43, 102}:4000;
>>>    org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Operation has timed
>>> out(3000 ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 114, 43, 102}:4000;
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:108)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:48)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:54)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:82)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:81)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:93)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:233)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:186)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.LazyReplicatedMap.publishEntryInfo(LazyReplicatedMap.java:170)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.put(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:1040)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.put(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:1024)
>>> at org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.add(ManagerBase.java:647)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setId(StandardSession.java:374)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaSession.setId(DeltaSession.java:279)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.createSession(ManagerBase.java:708)
>>> at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.doGetSession(Request.java:2936)
>>> at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getSession(Request.java:2260)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getSession(RequestFacade.java:895)
>>> at
>>> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequestWrapper.getSession(HttpServletRequestWrapper.java:231)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.getSession(ApplicationHttpRequest.java:568)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.getSession(ApplicationHttpRequest.java:513)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.initialize(PageContextImpl.java:137)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.internalGetPageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:109)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.getPageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:60)
>>> at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp._401_jsp._jspService(_401_jsp.java:100)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:438)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:396)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:340)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:719)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:467)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:390)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:317)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:445)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.status(StandardHostValve.java:304)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:181)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve.invoke(JvmRouteBinderValve.java:194)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve.invoke(ReplicationValve.java:318)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(StuckThreadDetectionValve.java:208)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:616)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:521)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1096)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:674)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1500)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1456)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

APIs-->

that

Tomcat