tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject help resolving memory leak error message
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 22:21:41 GMT
I'm porting a Apache Flex (with Apache BlazeDS) web app from glassfish to tomcat 8.5.9, and
observing the following severe error.

06-Jan-2017 13:49:07.644 SEVERE [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
The web application [myApp] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal]
(value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@4d6e6d7b]) and a value of type []
(value []) but failed to remove it when the
web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a
probable memory leak.

Is this a warning or an actual error that is causing a memory leak?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this? I'm a new Tomcat user (please
try to be explicit).

Thanks for any advice/comments.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: