tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject basic logging info
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 01:22:45 GMT
Newbie Tomcat user here. I installed Tomcat 8.5.9 on CentOS 7 a few days ago and noticed the
default log files for catalina, host-manager, localhost, and manager are created fresh each
day with a date in their filename.

Doesn't this fill up the directory over time? Wouldn't it be better to have the logs accumulate
in one file for some time?

Can someone set my expectations what the default logging behavior is, then recommend a general
approach to configuring something more manageable (from a sheer number-of-files standpoint)?