tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: ExtendedAccessLogValve.class overloaded timezone and set it to GMT
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:05:28 GMT
> I'm curious... what's wrong with GMT?

I have been wondering about that too.  It seems a rather bad idea to me, as it brings
potential problems of compatibility with log-exploiting programs, hosting servers
somewhere else, comparing time between different computers and applications etc.
Not even mentioning issues of future tomcat updates, re-calculating the times when users
send problem reports and so on.

Would it not be better if it was an external utility which reads the logs, that makes any

adjustments required ?
I'd bet that some external perl script, 10 lines max, would filter these files in no time

at all.