tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Stopping any Tomcat thread running more than an amount of time
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:06:22 GMT
On 23.01.2017 13:41, Abdessamed Mansouri wrote:
> Hello, Thank you for your answers, we are integratting JSF (Mojarra) and
> using it, so in many cases, in the same page there's some functionnalities
> which work and other not, there's also some functionnalities which work
> with a little data (reasonable time) but with a little larger data take too
> much time because of bad implementation and i have fear to say that we
> really don't know all,the functionnalities which dont work (takes too much
> time).
>
> We think this is the only (not necessary) temporary solution.
>
> Thank you all.

Hi. Apart from the suggestions below, I don't think that there is anything "out of the
box" which does the kind of thing you want.
So you might have to write this yourself.
I am not really an expert, but in terms of architecture this might be a job for a "servlet

filter", which starts a timer before forwarding the call to the real application.
How the filter would have to react, when it is called by the timer after 5 minutes, in
order to "kill" the running servlet and return an informative response to the caller, is
beyond me though, specially without modifying the servlet itself.
Generating an exception and catching it in the response part of the filter ?